The Rite of Election (2011)

 
Opening Hymn The Church’s one foundation
Responsorial Psalm Teach me, O God (Chris Walker)
Gospel Acclamation Praise to you, O Christ (James Walsh)
Enrolment Take, O take me as I am (John L Bell)
After the Election of the Catechumens Who calls you by name (David Haas)
Welcome of Candidates Always in your presence (Philip Jakob)
After Welcome of Candidates A Clare Benediction (John Rutter)
Prayers of Intercession Miserere Nobis from Missa Ubi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Recessional Hymn Praise to the holiest
 

A packed celebration like last year’s, this year for the first time with eight candidates for admission to the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham. The music was the usual mix of the contemplative and the uplifting. For me, the musical highlight was probably the whole assembly enthusiastically taking up the refrain of Chris Walker’s Teach me, O God. On an occasion like this, the words have especial significance for so many present:

My heart delights
to follow your ways,
to follow your ways to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.