21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A, 2011)

Sunday, 21 August 2011

 
Entrance The Church’s one foundation
Gospel Acclamation Easter Alleluia
Preparation of the Gifts Praise to the Lord, the almighty
Sanctus & Acclamation, Amen Gathering Mass (Paul Inwood)
Communion Eat this bread (Taizé)
Recessional Now thank we all our God
 

A glimpse of our summer fare, when the choir’s on holiday. The accompaniment was a mixture of organ and piano, there was a cantor for the verses during communion and the celebrant (Fr Anthony) supplied sung dialogues at the Gospel and in the Eucharistic Prayer.

The opening hymn tied in with the words from the Gospel reading: I will build my Church. The hymn at the preparation of the gifts and the recessional hymn both took up the image from the first verse of the responsorial psalm:

I thank you, Lord, with all my heart,
you have heard the words of my mouth.
Before the angels I will bless you.
I will adore before your holy temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.