The Baptism of the Lord (Year A, 2014)

Sunday, 12 January 2014

 
Entrance On Jordan’s bank
Sprinkling Rite Springs of Water (Marty Haugen)
Gloria Gloria de Noël (Thomas Niel)
Psalm Ps 28 (McCarthy/Bévenot)
Gospel Acclamation St Agatha Alleluia (mcb)
Preparation of the Gifts O comfort my people
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen German Mass (Schubert/Proulx)
Agnus Dei Lamb of God II (mcb)
Communion Here is my Servant (Psallite)
Postcommunion Jesus Christ the apple tree (Elizabeth Poston, 1905-1987)
Recessional Come down, O love divine
 

We brought the Christmas season to a close with one final outing for Thomas Niel’s Gloria adapted from Angels we have heard on high, and Elizabeth Poston’s setting of the carol Jesus Christ the apple tree. In rehearsal I told the choir that the words were written by George Washington’s father, but all I got in response was whistling wind and tumbleweed…

1 comment:

  1. I told the choir that the words were written by George Washington’s father, but all I got in response was whistling wind and tumbleweed…

    Hmm..... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.